We’ve got an awesome ski destination in mind to help you plan a holiday you will never forget.
Fourth on our list in the Skier and Snowboarder guide to the best ski resorts abroad is a resort that offers everything and more as one of Austria’s favourite family friendly ski resorts. Village charm, atmosphere, convenience, child friendly and value for money.
The best kept secret about Westendorf ski resort is it’s extensive ski area, it is part of the largest interconnected ski area in Europe, The Ski Welt – 279 km’s of ski runs available to you with the best beginner slope on your doorstep. Skiing is made convenient and easily accessible. 128 ski runs, 93 lifts and 180 km with snow-making equipment. Surrounding towns and resorts are Brixental, Soll, Ellmau, Scheffau, Going, Hopfgarten. On one ski pass: An additional 170km’s added with the purchase of an all star pass which includes Kitzbuhel.
Westendorf offers perfect conditions for beginners, intermediate as well as advanced skiers. It also has a specially designed snowboard park for adrenalin junkies. A quintessential alpine village perfect for families, friends and children of all ages, Westendorf is renowned for its family friendliness and affordability. There is endless fun and activities for the kids. Here your children can play on the slopes all day in a safe and well looked after environment, while you enjoy your days on the slopes followed by a warm gluhwein or meal in one of the many traditional mountain hut pubs or restaurants. Westendorf is ideal for family holidays as well as first time skiers and incentive groups.
Pensions – Beautiful traditional Austrian pensions situated in the village and just a short walk from the ski slopes. We offer you a warm, cosy, true Austrian experience. En suite bedrooms and a daily continental breakfast.
Apartments – New modern, contemporary 3 & 2 bedroom apartments situated in the centre of the village just a few meters from the ski lift and your local Spar. These apartments are fully equipped.
In the centre of the resort
Open plan living and dining area
Fully equip kitchen/breakfast area
Stove and Fridge
Towels and Linen provided
Hotels – There are various option for 3 and 4 star luxury hotels with in the resort.
Westendorf Fast Facts
Nearest airport: Munich, Germany
Transfer time: 2 ½ hours
Village: Compact, efficient & friendly
Village height: 800m
Highest lift: 2000 m
Ski area: 284 km
Number of runs: 130
Number of lifts: 90
Beginners (blue): 122 km
Intermediate (red): 129 km
Advanced (black): 33 km
Off piste: Excellent
Longest run: 5.9 km
Snowboard fun park: Yes
Snow machines: Over 1700
Kids club: Yes
Ski locker: Yes
Mountain restaurants/pubs: 77
Hosted resort: Yes
Entertainment programme: Yes
Family friendly: Excellent
Non skiers: Very good
Resort dates: December – March
Ski with Gail is offering an incredible deal for 2017 to Westendorf.
Book your spot today: http://www.skiwithgail.com/
The 2017 deal includes:
- Resort Transfers to and from Munich airport with South African representatives +_ 2 hours
- Accommodation – close to ski slopes.
- Airport transfers
- Ski pass and ski hire
- Family friendly ski resort. Beginners skiers
- Wide nursery slopes
- Centre of village Numerous ski slopes for intermediate and advanced skiers.
- English speaking ski school instructors.
- Ski Lessons from 10h00 to 15h00
- Special children’s programme which offers a magical area where children learn to ski while having fun. Your kids have the sun kids wonder carpet and children’s carousel, bambini-lift with BOBO-Express, tobogganing and a lot more available to entertain them during the day.
- Free ski lockers (no more schlepping with skis and boots)
- Snowboard park : Cross country tracks/ snow shoe hiking. Free ski bus service around resort and surrounding towns and villages. South African hosts, ski guiding everyday.
- Entertainment programme available/ Bum boarding and schnapps evening, traditional mountain hut Tyrolean evening and dinner, night tobogganing. Londoner pub Kitzbuhel après ski. Curling/ sleigh ride with dinner.
- Optional entertainment: Segway touring/ paragliding/ bowling/ walking (cleared trails) + organised village tours
- Excursions: Salzburg (80 km) Innsbruck (100 km) Rattenburg (30km) Kitzbuhel (16km).