AfriSki Mountain Resort is officially open for the winter ski season. The festivities kicked off with AfriSki’s very own Gin & Jazz Festival this past weekend. The two-day party boasted the best in live music alongside amazing food, high-quality booze and awesome shred action.
The festival opened in Gondola Cafe with the acoustics of Dishevelled. Mouth-watering canapés were paired with various Innveroche gins and made for a relaxing aprés ski event. Given that the evening was as much about the food as the gin, one cannot escape mention of the menu. Which gin for which food…
- Chicken liver pate + Innveroche Classic gin with lemon zest
- Smoked trout parcels + Amber Innveroche with candied orange and thyme
- Prawn fishcakes + Verdant Innveroche with naartjie and basil
- Biltong and cheese rissoles + Amber Innveroche with berries, cinnamon and chilli
- Spinach and feta rissoles + Verdant Innveroche with cucumber and rose
… & Jazz
The party then moved up to Sky Restaurant for the main meal. Jemaz Jazz Band, a local, four-piece soul jazz band from Maseru in Lesotho, joined the guests as the evening’s entertainment.
Gin & Jazz Festival
Saturday night saw guests sporting heels and square-toed shoes. The classy evening began with a three-course meal and soulful sets by both Dishevelled and Jemaz Jazz Band. Each course of the meal was paired with an Innveroche gin.
- Starter – springbok carpaccio or prawn tempura + Classic Innveroche gin
- Mains – lamb tagine or Asian trout + Verdant Innveroche gin
- Desert – panna cotta or crepe suzette + Amber Innveroche gin with pink tonic and turkish delight
Later on in the evening, the heels came off as the guests hit the dance floor. With DJ Shaxe from OFM at the booth, the party pumped.
The Gin and Jazz Festival hit all the right notes this weekend. It was the perfect way to kick off the 2017 winter season and was a weekend to remember. See more here.
Photos: Shawn van Zyl